The Akademie der Künste endeavours to make its websites and mobile applications accessible for all users. The legal bases for this are the German Equal Opportunities for People with Disabilities Act (BGG) and the German Accessible Information Technology Ordinance (BITV 2.0) for the implementation of Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
This statement on digital accessibility concerns the www.adk.de website and other official websites of the Akademie der Künste that use the corporate design and the central content management system of the Akademie der Künste.
State of compatibility with the requirements
The accessibility requirements are derived from Section 3 Paragraphs 1 to 4 and Section 4 BITV 2.0, enacted on the basis of Section 12d BGG.
The review of compliance with the requirements is based on a simplified check (in German) carried out by T-Systems Multimedia Solutions GmbH on behalf of the Federal Monitoring Body for Accessibility of Information Technology on 19/02/2021. The 50 Level A and Level AA criteria of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1) were reviewed.
Based on the latest review, the website and the mobile applications do not comply with the aforementioned requirements regarding the following points. The content listed below is not accessible for the following reasons:
- Images/graphics: Images/graphics that are integrated into pages are not accompanied by textual descriptions in some places. For the most part, these images are “decorative images” with little substantive content.
- Videos: The integrated videos currently do not have any audio descriptions or subtitles.
- PDF documents: PDF documents cannot yet be converted to an accessible format.
- Navigation: Navigation points are displayed with too little contrast. Usability by keyboard is not always sufficiently available; in particular, the keyboard focus has to be improved.
- Information on the main contents of this website and the content of this accessibility statement have not yet been translated into plain language and German sign language.
These identified shortcomings will be rectified during the planned relaunch of the website in 2022.
Date of creation and the most recent update of the statement
This statement was created on 6 July 2021 and most recently updated on 10 August 2021.
The digital accessibility review was carried out by the aforementioned public body.
Reporting accessibility issues: Points of contact for feedback
Have you noticed shortcomings in regard to accessing content at www.adk.de? Or would you like to request information on the implementation of accessibility? If so, please contact us at:
Akademie der Künste
Pariser Platz 4
If a satisfactory solution is not found after you have provided feedback to the above point of contact, you can contact the arbitration body according to Section 16 BGG. The BGG arbitration body is tasked with supporting the out-of-court resolution of disputes in the event of conflicts on the topic of accessibility between people with disabilities and public bodies of the German Federal Government. The arbitration procedure is free of charge. Legal representation is not required.
Further information on the arbitration procedure and the options for submitting a request is available at www.schlichtungsstelle-bgg.de.
You can also contact the BGG arbitration body directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.